Saturday Coding Club - Blocks to Arduino (November 18th - Dec 2nd)
Join our coding club! These beginner classes are perfect for curious kids ages 9 and up. In this four-week course, we’ll be bringing robots to life with different types of programming.
What are Little Robot Friends?
They’re cute robot characters that inspire kids to get creative with technology. These robots are packed with smarts, sensors, and big personalities. You can program them to make expressions, sing songs, perform tricks, and play games. It’s all about learning to code in a fun and engaging way with friends!
About the coding club
We’ll help participants build their 21st-century skills with an introduction to visual coding using our LRF Blocks App. They’ll also learn fundamental coding concepts through tons of hands-on and collaborative activities. By the end of the course level up with real-world programming in Arduino (C & C++). Gain the core knowledge and skills to tackle independent coding projects with your Little Robot Friend!
This course runs every Saturday from 10am - 12pm.
Week 1: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Week 2: Saturday, November 25, 2017
Week 3: Saturday, December 2, 2017
Week 4: Saturday, December 9, 2017
Ticket covers the cost for all four-weeks, as well as borrowing a robot for the workshop. Have your own robot already? Bring it with you! If you're interested in purchasing your own robot for the workshop, you'll get a special discounted price at the HQ (exact cash or credit card).
- Knowledge of electronic parts and sensors (touch sensors, RGB LEDs, photocells, microphones, accelerometers, IR transceivers, and more)
- Fundamental coding concepts (events, event handlers, variables, functions, sequences, loops, booleans, and more)
- Visual coding (beginner-intermediate)
- Arduino programming in C & C++ (beginner)
- Fundamental music concepts (notes, intonations, octaves, durations)
- Basic understanding of cryptography
- Logic, patterns, and problem-solving
If you have any questions, feel free to email Ann at email@example.com.
Learn more on www.littlerobotfriends.com.